Digital Community Holdings (DCH.com) is a growing, international award-winning development and media company. We are a family-oriented team of more than 20 professionals. In business since 1989, DCH’s products power vertical niche platforms for more than 200 media companies throughout the US and beyond.
We are in search and have an immediate need for a Microsoft SQL DBA to join our growing team to maintain and develop our enterprise level databases!!!
This position works with our web developers and infrastructure to create online applications, import data from other sources, and export data to other providers.
This position requires the candidate to work in our Sioux Falls, SD office. We are not looking for applicants to work remotely or as consultants. Actively communicating and coordinating with fellow team members is a must to work efficiently, solve problems, and explore new ideas.
This position will:
- Provide strategic decisions for both current and future database architectures.
- Diagnose existing bottlenecks and tune queries for optimal performance.
- Proactively monitor and adjust existing indexes for efficiency.
- Import and export data in numerous formats such as delimited files, XML, Excel, etc.
- Monitor and test backup, recovery, and failover procedures.
Stay informed on new SQL developments, features, and methods.
Requirements for Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positive attitude towards colleagues and tasks.
- Communicate effectively and timely.
- Multitasking – Staying organized while switching between tasks.
- Creative out-of-the-box thinking for engineering solutions not typically thought of.
- Installation and administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 in failover cluster configuration.
- Proficiency with database design, T-SQL query language, stored procedures, indexes, and storage.
- Experience with querying, shredding, generating, and storing XML data in numerous formats.
- Knowledge with flexible taxonomies and how they apply to database design.
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012
- .NET development with C# and VB.
- SQL SSIS
- Experience with indexing and querying with Apache Solr
- Data warehouse and modeling
DCH is offering a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, Simple IRA, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be able to pass background check and drug screen.
Please click the "Apply Now" button and attach your resume with salary requirements, 2 professional references, availability for interview and preferred contact method.
Contact and Miscellaneous Information:
Digital Community Holdings, Inc
3701 W 49th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57105
||Information Technology, Software Development - Programming, Technical