Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital seeks a Full-time Clinic Registered Nurse at Midwest Digestive Health to join its growing team in providing personal and innovative care in a patient-centered medical environment. Hours are Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm. No weekends, no call, and no holidays.
- The only hospital in Sioux Falls and one of only four hospitals in the state to receive a 5-Star rating in the 2015 HCAHPS survey.
- Physician-owned and operated.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and professional ethics.
- Current or temporary RN license in South Dakota or compact RN licensure
- RN program as evidenced by licensure
- Official diploma or transcript from the school/university from where degree was received.
- Two years of hospital experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and clinical skills
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Triages all GI phone calls throughout the day.
- Rooms and assesses patients and pain level, measuring/monitoring vital signs.
- Verifies medications and preferred pharmacy.
- Reviews complete medical history with patient, including recent testing, to ensure all records are up to date.
- Discusses findings with physician.
- Schedules patient for any necessary screening tests and notifies/instructs patient of needed preparations.
- Obtains prior authorizations for procedures, tests and medications.
- Completes blood draws and lab orders.
- Notifies patients of all test results and ensures any follow-ups.
- Assists physician with in-office testing and procedures.
- Prepares and administers IV infusions.
- Administers medications/vaccines.
- Travels with physician to provide nursing assistance at out-of-town outreach clinics within the state. Ensures all supplies are stocked for each trip and schedules follow-up appointments.
- Provides back-up assistance as needed to Midwest Family Care.
- Perform administrative functions.
- Documents nursing care on the EMR or chart.
- Monitors and logs vaccine refrigerator and freezer, and submits temperature reports monthly.
- Orders vaccines and medications for the clinic, as well as all medical supplies.
- Identifies issues for Quality Improvement.
- Participates in team meetings, as well as committees as directed.
- Maintains Mandatory Education Modules, RN Licensure, and Certifications.
- Assists in orienting new staff.
At Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital you will work in a caring environment with a growing hospital. We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all of our patients and employees, and provide an exciting company culture and competitive salary package to the right candidate. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, a 401K and more.
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit an application
SIOUX FALLS SPECIALTY HOSPITAL
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
910 E 20TH STREET
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57105
FAX: (605) 444-8410
We are proud to be physician owned. Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status or other categories protected by law.