Provide superior customer service by assisting customers in selection, demonstration and purchase of all products including firearms, firearms accessories, ammunition, special orders, memberships, courses and all other store services. MUST PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
- Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquires.
- Keep shelves fully stocked, products faced and clean, keep fronted and stocked according to store policy and correctly priced.
- Ability to operate store equipment in assigned area including but not limited to point of sale software systems, inventory scanners, telephones.
- Ability to operate, demonstrate and explain merchandise in assigned area.
- Stay current on product knowledge, general firearms laws and safety procedures.
- Dress appropriately for position per Badlands Gun Store dress code.
- Understand and be proficient in applicable Badlands Gun Store policies: Refunds/Returns, Gift Cards, etc.
- Understand and be proficient in firearms sales and forms as required by Federal, State and Local laws; Form 4473, Multiple Handgun Sale (MHS) Form, Call procedures and Response Implications.
- Knowledge of company’s core values and the role the position has in achieving them.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- May be required to work morning, afternoon or evening any day of the week. Schedule determined by store management based upon the needs of the store.
Education, Training and Work Experience:
- Graduation from high school, or the equivalent, and three (3) years of experience in providing training in the use and handling of firearms.
Special Requirements, Licenses & Certificates:
Physical Job Requirements:
- Ability to move throughout all areas of the store, including sales floor, register areas, shooting range, offices and applicable secured areas.
- Ability to hear and respond appropriately to range commands.
- Able to wear properly all necessary personal protective equipment to perform job functions.
- Stand and/or sit continuously and perform job functions for a full shift with meal break.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle, carry and move items up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Visual acuity corrected to perform job functions. Ability to distinguish color to perform job functions.