Responsible for improving the quality of innovative products and solutions by developing and running automated tests to objectively assess conformance to the mutually-agreed upon requirements. Modify and execute test plans; create stubs, drivers and test harnesses; schedule and run automated tests; maintain and update automated tests based on changes to the test cases.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with software engineering and department teams to identify test requirements, define and write testing cases, and build test plans.
- Identify work that needs to be completed, assign priorities and milestones.
- Contribute to estimates on work in a timely manner and deliver against them.
- Participate in design reviews and technical discussions making recommendations for product quality and testability.
- Design and develop test automation solutions – stubs, drivers, and test harnesses.
- Contribute to generating test environments, labs, test data and test beds required for testing.
- Execute plans, automation and performance tests in coordination with development schedules, products, features and enhancements for software releases.
- Work closely with business users to analyze and reproduce debugs to determine root cause.
- Monitor and review defects to ensure they are adequately retested when fixed.
- Identify and report testing risks to software releases.
- Provide input on team opportunities and expanding testing coverage.
- Stay current and knowledgeable on Information Systems policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Software Testing Certification is desired.
- Ability to design and automate software test scenarios including but not limited to regression tests, performance testing, conversion testing required.
- Demonstrated ability to design and automate software test scenarios including but not limited to regression tests, performance testing, conversion testing required.
- General knowledge of file management, job scheduling, FTP, agile software development and testing lifecycles preferred.
- Ability to query SQL database tables, analyze data and data file formats for test validation purposes required.
- Working knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Classic ASP and VB Script preferred.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Test Manager desired.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans